La Liga giants Barcelona will host Sevilla in the eighth La Liga 2019-20 at Camp Nou on Monday (10/07/2019) early morning hrs.
Barcelona had swayed at the beginning of this season. But lately, Ernesto Valverde’s team seems to have found a way to be able to continue to win even though they can’t always rely on Lionel Messi.
The Blaugrana have now won three successive wins after being defeated by Granada 2-0. They overcame resistance from Villarreal, Getafe and most recently, Inter Milan.
Barca was forced to work hard by Inter when they met in the Champions League. They were left behind through a goal by Lautaro Martinez. But the Blaugrana were finally able to reverse the position through brace Luis Suarez.
Meanwhile, Sevilla also underwent an identical start with Barcelona. Of the seven matches, they have won four times, drawn once and lost twice.
They were overthrown by Real Madrid and Eibar. But Julen Lopetegui’s team managed to get up in their last two matches. They won over Real Sociedad and Apoel Nicosia in the Europa League stage.
Both of these teams must both want to win again in this match. Three points will be a good provision before entering the international break.
Barcelona (4-3-3): Ter Stegen; Roberto, Pique, Todibo, Semedo; Jong, Busquets, Arthur; Messi, Suarez, Griezmann.
Coach: Ernesto Valverde
Squad Info: Jordi Alba (injured), Samuel Umtiti (injured), Junior Firpo (injured), Clement Lenglet (card penalty).
Sevilla (4-3-3): Vaclik; Navas, Carlos, Kounde, Reguilon; Banega, Fernando, Jordan; Ocampos, Jong, Nolito.
Coach: Julen Lopetegui
Squad Info: Daniel Carrico (injured and doubtful).
Head-to-Head (La Liga)
- Meeting: 61
- Barcelona wins: 38
- Barcelona Goal: 134
- Draw: 11
- Sevilla wins: 12
- Sevilla goal: 67
5 Last Meeting
- 2/23/19 Sevilla 2-4 Barcelona (La Liga)
- 1/31/19 Barcelona 6-1 Sevilla (Copa del Rey)
- 1/24/1919 Sevilla 2-0 Barcelona (Copa del Rey)
- 10/21/18 Barcelona 4-2 Sevilla (La Liga)
- 8/13/18 Sevilla 1-2 Barcelona (Super Cup)
The last 5 matches of Barcelona
- 03/10/19 Barcelona 2-1 Inter Milan (Champions League)
- 9/28/19 Getafe 0-2 Barcelona (La Liga)
- 9/25/19 Barcelona 2-1 Villarreal (La Liga)
- 9/22/19 Granada 2-0 Barcelona (La Liga)
- 09/18/19 Borussia Dortmund 0-0 Barcelona (Champions League)
The last 5 matches of Sevilla
- 10/4/19 Sevilla 1-0 Apoel Nicosia (Europa League)
- 09/30/19 Sevilla 3-2 Real Sociedad (La Liga)
- 9/27/19 Eibar 3-2 Sevilla (La Liga)
- 9/23/19 Sevilla 0-1 Real Madrid (La Liga)
- 9/19/19 Qarabag 0-3 Sevilla (Europa League)
Statistics and Score Predictions
Barcelona has beaten Sevilla 82 times in the La Liga stage. This number is the highest compared to other teams that have beaten the Andalusian team in the competition.
Sevilla only won once in their last 24 meetings in La Liga against Barcelona. The victory occurred in October 2015 ago.
Of the 24 matches, Sevilla is also only able to record one clean sheet only.
Barcelona only lost just once from its last 58 matches in the league at Camp Nou (M48 S9). The only defeat they suffered from Real Betis last November 2018.
Sevilla has never won in their last 16 away games to the Nou Camp in the La Liga stage (S2, K14). They conceded 44 goals in 16 matches.