Portugal has won their last eight meetings with Luxembourg, scoring 29 goals and conceding only once. Defending champions Portugal will host Luxembourg at the Estadio Jose Alvalade, Lisbon, in the continued EURO 2020 Qualification Group B, Saturday (10/12/2019). In the other party, Ukraine will host Lithuania.
Portugal had through its first two games in this group with a draw at home, namely entertaining Ukraine and Serbia. In the last international break, in September 2019, Portugal successfully won their first two wins.
Portugal won 4-2 at home to Serbia with goals from William Carvalho, Goncalo Guedes, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Bernardo Silva. After that, Fernando Santos’ troops silenced the Lithuanian host, in which Carvalho contributed a goal, and Ronaldo bought up four.
In his last fight, Luxembourg bent the Serbian guests 1-3. One David Turpel goal in that match was not enough to spare Luxembourg from defeat.
Next, three days ago, Portugal will play away against league leaders Ukraine. In the other party, Lithuania will host Serbia.
Selecao das Quinas is able to do it.
Portugal: Patricio; Semedo, Fonte, Ruben Dias, Guerreiro; Bruno Fernandes, Neves, William Carvalho; Bernardo Silva, Cristiano Ronaldo, Joao Felix.
Coach: Fernando Santos.
Luxembourg: Moris; Carlson, Chanot, Gerson; Jans, Barreiro Martins, Vincent Thill, Olivier Thill, Rodrigues; Turpel, Deville.
Coach: Luc Holtz.
Head-to-Head and Performance
- Meeting: 15
- Portugal wins: 13
- Portugal goal: 46
- Draw: 1
- Luxembourg wins: 1
- Luxembourg goal: 7.
5 Last Meeting
- 11-18-2015 Luxembourg 0-2 Portugal (Friendly)
- 16-16-2013 Portugal 3-0 Luxembourg (World Cup Qualification)
- 09-08-2012 Luxembourg 1-2 Portugal (World Cup Qualification)
- 11-08-2011 Portugal 5-0 Luxembourg (Friendly)
- 04-06-2006 Luxembourg 0-3 Portugal (Friendly).
Portugal’s last 5 matches (SMMMM)
- 03-26-2019 Portugal 1-1 Serbia (EURO Qualification)
- 06-06-2019 Portugal 3-1 Switzerland (UNL)
- 06-10-2019 Portugal 1-0 Netherlands (UNL)
- 09-08-2019 Serbia 2-4 Portugal (EURO Qualification)
- 09-11-2019 Lithuania 1-5 Portugal (EURO Qualification).
Luxembourg Last 5 matches (SSKKK)
- 06-03-2019 Luxembourg 3-3 Madagascar (Friendly)
- 06-08-2019 Lithuania 1-1 Luxembourg (EURO Qualification)
- 06-11-2019 Ukraine 1-0 Luxembourg (EURO Qualification)
- 09-06-2019 Northern Ireland 1-0 Luxembourg (Friendly)
- 09-11-2019 Luxembourg 1-3 Serbia (EURO Qualification).
Statistics and Score Predictions
Portugal is unbeaten in its last 13 matches against Luxembourg (M12 S1 K0).
Portugal has always won in its last 8 matches against Luxembourg, scoring 29 goals and conceding only 1 goal.
Portugal has kept 7 clean sheets in their last 8 matches against Luxembourg.
Portugal has never failed to beat Luxembourg at home (M7 S0 K0), scoring 26 goals and not even conceding.
Portugal always scores a minimum of 3 goals in 5 of its 7 home matches against Luxembourg.
Portugal has always won in the last 4 matches.
Portugal always scores a minimum of 3 goals in 3 of its last 4 matches.
Luxembourg has always lost in its last 3 matches (M0 S0 K3) and is without a win in its last 6 matches (M0 S2 K4).
Final score prediction: Portugal 3-0 Luxembourg
/ 1 month ago
The Best FIFA Football Awards: Robert Lewandowski, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo on final three-man shortlist
The final three-man shortlist for The Best FIFA Football Awards has been released, with...
/ 1 month ago
Newcastle United are set to reopen their training ground in preparation for their Premier...
/ 1 month ago
Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly weighing a move for Barcelona star Lionel Messi and could...
/ 2 months ago
Stephanie Frappart officiated the Champions League group stage clash between Juventus and Dynamo Kyiv,...