Charles Leclerc locked the pole position after recording the fastest time of 1 minute 36,217 seconds in qualifying ahead of the 15th race at the Singapore Grand Prix. It was the fifth pole position won by a Ferrari jet ground jet pilot in Formula 1 this season.
“I am very happy, it was a very good lap but there were a few times when I almost lost control! I have to thank the team, they were amazing. Yesterday was not my day but it felt great,” Leclerc explained after qualifying on Saturday (21 / 9/2019).
Video Credit: F1
Leclerc should not be complacent just yet, because Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel trailed behind him. Judging from the track record, the Mercedes jet ground team pilot is worth watching out for considering he is a defending champion in the last two seasons.
“I don’t know where Ferrari took their steps today, it’s potentially not one of their tracks, but Charles put a great turn. I think tomorrow we can be aggressive and hopefully can fight with two Ferrari drivers,” Hamilton said.
Video Credit: Official F1 Website
Formula 1 Qualification Results
1. Charles Leclerc – Scuderia Ferrari 1m36,217s
2. Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport 0.191s
3. Sebastian Vettel – Scuderia Ferrari 0.220s
4. Max Verstappen – Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Honda 0.596s
5. Valtteri Bottas – Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport 0.929s
6. Alexander Albon – Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Honda 1,194s
7. Carlos Sainz – McLaren F1 Team 1,601s
8. Daniel Ricciardo – Renault F1 Team 1,878s
9. Nico Hulkenberg – Renault F1 Team 2,047s
10. Lando Norris – McLaren F1 Team 2,112s
11. Sergio Perez – SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team 1,970s
12. Antonio Giovinazzi – Alfa Romeo Racing 2,047s
13. Pierre Gasly – Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda 2,049s
14. Kimi Raikkonen – Alfa Romeo Racing 2,208s
15. Kevin Magnussen – Rich Energy Haas F1 Team 3,000s
16. Daniil Kvyat – Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda + 2,640s
17. Lance Stroll – Sport Racing F1 Point Team + 2,662s
18. Romain Grosjean – Rich Energy Haas F1 Team + 2,960s
19. George Russell – ROKiT Williams Racing + 3,550s
20. Robert Kubica – ROKiT Williams Racing + 3,869s
Ghana, one of the five African representatives at the FIFA 2022 World Cup, look...
Germany squad: FIFA Qatar World Cup 2022 – Mario Gotze makes surprise return to join final 26-man Germany national football team
Due to the team’s poor performance at the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Germany’s longtime...
France will travel to Qatar for the 2022 World Cup determined to defend the...
Following the team’s success in reaching the final of Euro 2021 and the semifinals...